watch TV in the Car
Originally uploaded by Tark Siala
Everybody grew up with TV.
Over the years, we’ve got more and more channels, bigger and bigger screens, and even a bit of interactivity and recording facilities recently.
However, I do wonder whether TV would stand a chance if it hadn’t been invented until today (but with other inventions, such as the internet and mobile phones, being around as usual).
I mean, how would a person who had grown up with the internet but not with TV react to a TV?
– I’d like to watch Iggle Piggle now.
– It’s not on, sorry. We can record it next time it’s on, though.
– What do you mean, “it’s not on”?!? But I want to watch it now. So how to I record the past episodes?
– You can’t do that, either, sorry. You’ll have to buy them on DVD or hope they’ll rerun it one day.
– OK. Let’s watch something else… (Ten minutes later.) This is quite nice. Let’s send a link to my pals.
– A link? Send? What are you talking about?!?
And so on. I really don’t think it would stand a chance. People would admire the nice clear pictures, but they’d just wait for YouTube to implement that.