Predicting future events is harder than it looks…:
- At least one of Scotland’s unionist parties will change their leader. No.
- It will finally become possible to obtain dual citizenship in Denmark. No, not yet.
- One more country will join Scotland and Catalunya in planning an independence referendum for 2014. No.
- The CDU/CSU will continue to be the largest political grouping in the German Bundestag after the election. Yes!
- The Eurozone will survive another year (although Greece and Spain in particular will continue to suffer). Yes!
- Facebook will continue to be the most popular social networking site. Yes!
- The kids won’t get any opportunity to use their sledges or build an igloo in Newton Mearns. Yes. 🙁
- England will join Scotland and Denmark in not qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. No.
- Rangers FC will collapse again. No.
- The UK won’t win the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö. Yes!
On paper, my predictions weren’t too bad (the same number of correct and incorrect ones), but the ones I got right were mainly the ones where I predicted a continuation of the status quo.
I must do better next year!