I guess it’s high time to publish my predictions for 2014.
I’ve decided to be a bit bolder again — it’s just too boring to predict the continuation of the status quo again and again! 🙂
However, I won’t predict the outcome of the Scottish independence referendum — I feel too strongly about that event!
Without any further ado, here are my predictions:
- In the European Parliament elections, UKIP will become England’s largest party, but they’ll fail to win a seat in Scotland.
- The FIFA World Cup in Brazil will be won by Argentina.
- The Catalan independence referendum will be blocked by the Spanish authorities, but there will be elections to the Catalan Parliament before the end of the year instead .
- Wearable computers will go mainstream, whether in the form of glasses, wrist gadgets or something different.
- The Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen will be won by Estonia.
- The UK will experience at least one quarter of negative growth again.
- CO? in the atmosphere will exceed 400 ppm for the first time.
- There will be a general election in Denmark (probably because SF decide to leave the government in order to survive as a party).
- At least one further nation will plan an independence referendum, emboldened by Scotland and Catalonia.
- I’ll get a chance to build an igloo in the garden again.