Yesterday, I decided to make curry sauce
for more than one or two nights.
So I made a quintuple portion, which should feed about 80.
Here is the recipe in case you’re interested:
- 300 ml olive oil
- 5 kg onions
- 25 ml salt
- 250 g fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 250 g garlic, coarsely chopped
- 7.5 litres water
- 5 drained tins (1125 g) of tomatoes, blended
- 25 ml tomato paste
- 25 ml turmeric
- 25 ml paprika
- Cut the onions into slices and fry them for ten minutes in 225 ml of oil, then add the salt and fry them for another twenty minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, add the water, and simmer the mixture for 25 minutes.
- Blend it.
- In another pot, fry the tomato paste, turmeric and paprika in the remaining oil for 30 seconds, then add the blended tomatoes and cook for ten minutes.
- Mix in the onion mixture and simmer it for 25 minutes, skimming off any froth.
- Cool and divide it into 20 equal portions and freeze them.